Wednesday, February 16, 2011

pasta with spinach and garbanzo beans

My sister Emily, shared this with me a few weeks ago and I loved it. My family ate it, but didn't appreciate all of its goodness like I did. I love the cooked spinach, it's flavor is so rich. And the red pepper flakes added a nice punch. I did add some hamburger to this for the sake of Dillon, he likes meat in his dinners. But it's obviously not necessary. Enjoy!
1/2 (14.5 oz) package long noodles like fettucine or spaghetti
2 TBS oil
1/2 c diced red onion
1 TBS chopped garlic (i buy it already chopped in a huge container at sam's)
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 c fresh spinach
grated cheese

prepare pasta and drain. heat oil and add onions and garlic; saute until soft. stir in tomatoes and beans and pepper flakes. salt and pepper to taste. bring to a simmer; add spinach and pasta. cook 2 mins and sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment: